Career Mentoring Program
How the Program Works
Whether you are just starting out in your career or you are finishing up your final year of school, having a strong relationship with a mentor in your industry can be the key to career success. Mentors provide advice on career paths, graduate school guidance, career opportunities and vital connections.
The Chicago Scholars Career Mentoring Program is your chance to be paired 1:1 with a career professional in your field, no matter what you are studying or hope to do. It doesn't matter if your interests are in arts and design, theoretical math, or accounting - Chicago Scholars will find you a career mentor who will help you in the following ways:
- How to maximize your college experience and be successful in your field
- How to design an industry specific resume and interview well
- Expand your network
- Help explore other career options that match your skill set
- Strategize about graduate school options
If selected for the program, you will have a monthly, 30-minute phone conversation with your mentor between December 2016 and May 2017.
In order to be eligible to participate in the 2017-2018 Career Mentor Program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be part of the Chicago Scholars college graduating classes of 2015 - 2019 only
- Apply by September 15st
- Complete a required phone/virtual orientation in October/November
- Complete a monthly short survey capturing your conversation with your mentor