Location: Chicago (Hybrid)
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create unique mechanical solutions / product concepts through collaboration with industrial designers and independent problem solving with a focus on steel & aluminum frames, mechanical components, custom accessories, and packaging.
- Communicate product ideas and issues clearly and effectively to the product development team, international team, vendors, and external partners.
- Manage product specifications and costing, issues trackers and project timelines.
- Execute design and engineering solutions by creating physical mock-ups and working with the Prototype Shop.
- Support all performance and reliability testing for Flyer bikes by partnering with product quality engineers.
- Identify and implement process improvements to streamline development of bikes and accessories.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of bike engineering experience (experience with e-bikes preferred)
- Intermediate understanding of electronics and key electromechanical components on e-bikes (li-ion batteries, PCM, display, motor).
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot and communicate issues related to electronics.
- Capable of making design recommendations to improve manufacturing consistency, reduce cost, and improve quality.
- Advanced demonstrated experience with CAD (SolidWorks strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to bring products to market
- Able to generate multiple unique concepts to solve engineering and design challenges
- Experience working with overseas team/vendors
- Experience collaborating with industrial designers and prototype shop