Commercial Banking Training Program – 2024 Summer Intern
The CIBC Summer Internship Program is designed to offer great work experience to complement students’ classroom training and career goals. Throughout the summer, interns will meet with our executive leadership team, network with employees and fellow interns, and participate in community outreach. We are devoted to finding, selecting, and training interns who will make a positive impact on our company while offering a full learning experience. Our Interns will work alongside a lean, proven team of investment professionals, gaining technical and analytical skills.
CIBC’s Summer Internship program runs for 10 weeks beginning in June 2024 through August. During this time, you will have access to training opportunities, mentorship, and leadership support.
Our leaders are invested in your success during your internship. Our goal is to ensure you have all tools necessary to take advantage of the robust opportunities at hand, resulting in a great summer experience.
Our Commercial Banking Summer Internships offer great work experience to compliment your classroom learning and career goals. We are devoted to finding, selecting and training interns who will make a positive impact on our company. Intern program activities allow you an opportunity to meet and network with company executives, employees, and fellow interns, as well as learn more about banking and the financial industry.
Our objective is for the Commercial Banking Summer interns to be considered for fulltime employment with the Commercial Banking Training Program (CBTP). The Commercial Banking Training Program (CBTP) is designed to provide you with the skills you need throughout your professional career, including networking, team building and leadership. You will gain real-world experience working alongside seasoned relationship managers, as well as in depth product knowledge in the areas of financing, treasury management, private wealth, foreign exchange, and derivatives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assist Trainers with various projects to prepare for the upcoming Commercial Banking Training Program.
- Assemble training materials; set up, arrange and confirm training calendar as needed; assist with program material and construction; ensure all Day One preparation has been completed prior to Training start date.
- Assist senior analysts with various requests including industry analysis and financial analysis, with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Attend scheduled intern activities to gain a better understanding of the banking/financial services industry, CIBC Bank USA’s corporate culture, and meet Bank leaders and fellow interns.
Who You Are
- Must have good organization and planning skills, and be able to demonstrate effective project coordination, facilitation, and implementation based on past work or school experiences.
- Must have strong oral and written communications skills, and be able to work effectively and build relationships with others.
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- To be eligible for this position, you must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree, with an expected graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025