Consulting Services: Internship Opportunities
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance, Business, or related field
- Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Passion for technology and customer obsessed
- Displays stakeholder and relationshp management across senior leaders, partners, and customers
- Verbal and written communication, analytical, and presentation skills
- Delivery Management certification (e.g. Scrum, Agile, Change Management, Project Management)
The base pay range for this internship is USD $3,760 – $7,390 per month. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $5,040 – $8,120 per month.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-intern-pay
Technology Consulting Intern
- Contributes to the pre-sales process by leveraging knowledge of business requirements to successfully offer technical input and solution offerings
- Participates in meetings with customers/partners to understand their business needs and/or scenario they are trying to solve.
- Uses technology knowledge to define customer/partner requirements and constraints, with direction/guidance.
- Develops knowledge in intellectual property (IP) and leverages IP to complete assigned project tasks. Communicates areas that need refreshing or gaps in intellectual property.
- Identifies issues and risks and engages with customers/partners or internal stakeholders (e.g., Project Managers) as appropriate to address and resolve issues.
- Identifies opportunities to expand or accelerate the adoption and consumption of the cloud and Microsoft technologies.
- Seeks to understand relationships with customers/partners/stakeholders and contribute to the drivers of satisfaction, dissatisfaction, and the root cause.
Consulting Project Manager Intern
- Supports and enables obligations to customer across the delivery lifecycle including envisioning, solution development, delivery planning, cloud consumption and usage, delivery management.
- Engages with other project managers at the customer site with support from peer teams, supports development of stakeholder relationships, and escalates issues and ambiguous situations to senior colleagues as needed.
- Drives project initiation for projects of low complexity and/or supports senior colleagues in driving project initiation for components of projects including commitment of delivery resources, resource assignments, and work breakdown structures (WBSs) through administrative and project management office activities (e.g., status reporting, financial tracking, Virtuoso, Campus).
- Develops project management plan to drive predictable delivery for projects of low complexity or support senior colleagues in components of projects, leveraging existing materials, to drive scope, resources, and Microsoft project schedule in alignment and collaboration with customer plan.
- Supports senior colleagues in overseeing project metrics on basic projects or components of projects by providing review of defined metrics to ensure adherence to key performance indicators (KPIs).