Consumer Risk Management – 2024 Summer Intern
The CIBC Summer Internship Program is designed to offer great work experience to complement students’ classroom training and career goals. Throughout the summer, interns will meet with our executive leadership team, network with employees and fellow interns, and participate in community outreach. We are devoted to finding, selecting, and training interns who will make a positive impact on our company while offering a full learning experience. Our Interns will work alongside a lean, proven team of investment professionals, gaining technical and analytical skills.
CIBC’s Summer Internship program runs for 10 weeks beginning in June 2024 through August. During this time, you will have access to training opportunities, mentorship, and leadership support.
Our leaders are invested in your success during your internship. Our goal is to ensure you have all tools necessary to take advantage of the robust opportunities at hand, resulting in a great summer experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Consumer Risk Team supports risk and control management programs including governance support, risk oversight, risk identification, and the escalation of emerging risks for US Enterprise Risk Management in the Second Line of Defense. This internship role will provide various support activities for the Consumer Risk Team including but not limited to:
- Conducting historical account data research
- Preparing information for data entry updates
- Analyzing file documentation to validate data entry results
- Assisting in prepping department presentation materials
- Updating electronic account records
- Retrieving electronic data records for further review and storage
- Participating in department project initiatives inclusive of team meetings
- Capturing meeting summary notes and/or meeting minutes
- Responding to general internal department mailbox requests
Who You Are
- High standard of quality with excellent time management skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Initiative-taking with ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to navigate and operative multiple software applications.
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports.
- Detailed-oriented specific to analyzing data to check for errors and inaccuracies.
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- To be eligible for this position, you must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree, with an expected graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025