Finance and Accounting New Grad
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Full-Time Entry-Level Finance and Accounting roles primarily work with our Alternative Fund Services, Private Equity, Corporate Audit, Asset Services Financial Reporting and Fund Accounting, and Hedge Fund Services Financial Control business lines. Northern Trust Finance and Accounting roles provide valuation accounting and administration services to investment manager clients and other internal customers within the bank. Accounting departments deliver net asset values and income details for various investment products. They also support fund administration and regulatory reporting services. Utilizing global operating platforms ensures that client reporting is driven from a single transaction source and enables delivery of a full suite of online tools including daily performance and compliance monitoring already available to sophisticated institutional investors. See detailed department descriptions below.
- Calculate and deliver net asset values for various commingled fund products, including registered mutual funds, private equity, partnerships, hedge funds, fund of funds, and collective trusts.
- Provides performance data for individual manager portfolios through the processing and reconciliation of accounting in the appropriate system.
- Daily reviews of diversified transactions, performing maintenance on assigned accounts according to procedures, including checking and correcting discrepancies, verifying outside funds, and reviewing transactions.
- Audits investment reports, cash statements, and supplemental reporting to verify that data is correctly posted and transactions properly classified. Writes inquiries to resolve audit discrepancies.
- Verifies report schedules, ensuring that reports sent to clients are accurate and mailed within scheduled time frames.
- Run daily valuation audits and deliver valuation reports to clients.
- Investigate and resolve cash/position exceptions and tolerance breaches.
- Understand and reconcile asset life cycle events between the accounting system and custodians.
- Apply accounting and finance principles to numerous asset types.
- Demonstrate ability to work well in a team environment.
- First point of reference for day-to-day queries.