Intern – Global Engineering Electrical – Summer 2024
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Planning and Executing 2-4 unique projects focused in electrical and/or programming disciplines.
- Performing an Electrical Startup Checkout for a project, while learning about industrial-scale electrical drawings like Single Line Diagrams and Input/Output drawings; and standards like NFPA 70E and NFPA 70.
- Driving the Development of Detailed Flow; Piping and Instrumentation; and/or Electrical diagrams and drawings for major production lines an equipment
- Assisting Kellanova Engineers by performing test lab work, pilot plant runs and production plant trips to gain equipment information, performance data and layout development, and gather process and product information
- Organizing and Analyzing equipment data needed to support scope commitments, process definition and process scale-up efforts
- Analyzing, Discovering, and Executing production line efficiency and sustainability improvements, to increase production rate, reduce waste and reduce our environmental impact
- Creating Equipment Design Modifications to improve line capabilities while learning about input and output devices
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Student must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior status in one of the following Engineering Bachelors programs: Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Minimum of 3.2 GPA (cumulative)
- Anticipated graduation date cannot fall during the course of, or at the completion of, your internship. We request students plan to return to campus the semester following the conclusion of their internship.
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate creative yet practical problem-solving skills
- Previous internship experience, leadership roles in school/volunteer clubs/organizations
- Knowledge or Experience of industrial electrical safety and/or standards
- Strong understanding of statistics and application to experiments
- Ability to learn new things quickly, often “on-the-fly” with technical manuals or experienced help