Intern – Global Engineering – Summer 2024
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Planning and Executing – You will be part of assigned, process and packaging equipment development projects that are tied to real-business needs.
- Organization is Key – As a Global Engineering Intern, analyzing equipment data that is needed to support scope commitments as well as process definition and process scale-up efforts will become part of day-to-day activities.
- The Bottom Line – Assisting in analysis, discovery and execution of production line efficiency and sustainability improvements to increase production rate, reduce waste and reduce our environmental impact is another great experience you will have this summer. Continuous Improvement anyone?
- Your Seat at the Table – Part of your internship will consist of participating in equipment design with Kellanova Engineers. You will participate in pilot plant runs and production plant trips to gather performance data, and equipment and process layout information. This internship may also take you to plants outside of Michigan, travel can range up to 40%.
- What Else? – You also have the opportunity to assist with development of detailed flow diagrams and support equipment design to improve line capabilities.
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Student must be a Sophomore, Junior or Senior status in one of the following Engineering Bachelors programs: Chemical, Mechanical, Biosystems, Agricultural, Manufacturing, Industrial, or Civil.
- Minimum of 3.2 GPA (cumulative)
- Anticipated graduation date cannot fall during the course of, or at the completion of, your internship. We request students plan to return to campus for the semester following the conclusion of their internship.
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Ability to demonstrate creative yet practical problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of statistics and application to experiments
- Previous internship experience, leadership roles in school/volunteer clubs/organizations
- Ability to learn new things quickly, often “on-the-fly” with technical manuals or experienced help