Intern – Retail Sales – Summer 2024
As part of the Retail Internship program, you will participate in our corporate onboarding orientation and have the chance to visit our World Headquarters in Chicago, IL or our office in Battle Creek, Michigan during the Intern Finale meeting. These events consist of executive exposure, former intern & executive panels, networking events, community activities and much more.
This paid internship requires a 3-month, full-time commitment starting May 2024. Sign-on bonus provided – and did we mention we have plenty of snacks? Travel may be required but will depend on geography and placement. The internship concludes with a final presentation to functional leaders.
HERE’S A TASTE OF WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Hands-on, in Store Sales Experience – your role as a Retail Sales Intern will include the following assignments:
- Partnering with the Retail Sales Team to gain experience in retail stores by performing sales and customer connection techniques (Pop-tarts, Cheez-Its, oh my!)
- Unlock potential with our Retail Area Sales Managers by identifying a business opportunity, and creating a robust plan to help deliver targeted objectives
Hungry to learn more? Your assignments will include:
- Deliver the Perfect Sales Call – Engage our retailers with preparation…. Learn how Kellanova wins in the market and defines “The Perfect Sales Call”
- Selling, negotiating, and executing business plans – You’ll utilize tried and true fact-based selling techniques to grow Kellanova’ s in-store sales, develop business communication skills and learn our go-to-market strategies by preparing data, understanding sales trends, and pitching a sale, with much more…
- Drive Results – You will be accountable for delivering on key metrics and demonstrating leadership skills, while helping create compelling sales stories as you work on our iconic brands. It’s about having an Owner’s Mindset and Playing to Win
- Your Seat at the Table – Our interns are the future of our organization, and this is your opportunity to have your voice heard. You will be contributing meaningful work to the Kellanova business by leading your own projects and reporting out on key business solutions to executive leadership. And this is only the beginning!
YOUR RECIPE FOR SUCCESS
- Student pursuing a degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or a related field
- Graduation date falls in December 2024 or May 2025
- Minimum of 3.2 GPA (cumulative)
- Ability to conduct physical work, frequently lifting 20 -25 pounds
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Flexible to be relocated to multiple geographies for post-graduation full-time opportunities