Loan Syndications – 2024 Summer Intern
The CIBC Summer Internship Program is designed to offer great work experience to complement students’ classroom training and career goals. Throughout the summer, interns will meet with our executive leadership team, network with employees and fellow interns, and participate in community outreach. We are devoted to finding, selecting, and training interns who will make a positive impact on our company while offering a full learning experience. Our Interns will work alongside a lean, proven team of investment professionals, gaining technical and analytical skills.
CIBC’s Summer Internship program runs for 10 weeks beginning in June 2024 through August. During this time, you will have access to training opportunities, mentorship, and leadership support.
Our leaders are invested in your success during your internship. Our goal is to ensure you have all tools necessary to take advantage of the robust opportunities at hand, resulting in a great summer experience.
CIBC Bank USA’s Loan Syndications, as Administrative Agent, leads and arranges multi-bank, middle market credit facilities originated by CIBC Bank USA’s Commercial Real Estate and Commercial & Industrial lending teams. This internship offers a unique opportunity to learn about the US lending markets through a broad capital markets lens.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Producing reports for internal use, external data sharing, submission to senior management and various auditors;
- Distributing and communicating transaction information to co-lenders;
- Maintaining up-to-date co-lender data;
- Preparing transaction marketing materials (i.e. bank books, teasers, etc.);
- Participating in bank meetings and calls with co-lenders, deal prescreen meetings, and syndication team pipeline marketing meetings; and
- Special projects
Who You Are
- We seek a bright, detail-oriented individual with a strong interest in loan syndications
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- To be eligible for this position, you must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree, with an expected graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025