Mechanical Engineer: Internship Opportunities
Required/Minimum Qualifications (RQs/MQs)
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Must have a minimum of one semester, quarter or term of school to complete after finishing an internship
Additional or Preferred Qualifications (PQs)
- Ability to conceptualize and design mechanical parts using 3D CAD Software
- 3+ months related technical engineering experience or internship experience
The base pay range for this internship is USD $5,090 – $10,120 per month. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $6,690 – $11,030 per month.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-intern-pay
- Assists in the creation of robust, scalable, secure, and extensible designs and verification plans for the hardware engineering aspects of a well-defined feature or product extension (e.g., a product refresh or line extension).
- Assists in the development of basic prototype hardware components for use in development, testing, or validation of new product features. Assists in evaluating prototypes for the purpose of innovating, optimizing and maturing designs.
- Collaborates and assists in project implementation. Documents essential details and follows established procedures.
- You will conceptualize and design mechanical parts using 3D CAD Software.
- You will develop innovative hardware and leading-edge technologies. You will collaborate with multiple disciplines.