Risk Management – 2024 Summer Intern
The CIBC Summer Internship Program is designed to offer great work experience to complement students’ classroom training and career goals. Throughout the summer, interns will meet with our executive leadership team, network with employees and fellow interns, and participate in community outreach. We are devoted to finding, selecting, and training interns who will make a positive impact on our company while offering a full learning experience. Our Interns will work alongside a lean, proven team of investment professionals, gaining technical and analytical skills.
CIBC’s Summer Internship program runs for 10 weeks beginning in June 2024 through August. During this time, you will have access to training opportunities, mentorship, and leadership support.
Our leaders are invested in your success during your internship. Our goal is to ensure you have all tools necessary to take advantage of the robust opportunities at hand, resulting in a great summer experience.
Enterprise Risk Management team forms an integral part of CIBC Risk Management organization, which manages the process of identifying, assessing and controlling threats to the organization’s capital and earnings. ERM develops, implements, and maintains a risk management governance framework and related policies and procedures for the CIBC US Region. This includes identifying and understanding of material and emerging risks, defining of acceptable levels of risk, and establishing sound principles, policies and practices for managing risks.
What You’ll Be Doing
- ERM team is seeking an intern to work closely with ERM management to assist in streamlining the team’s analytical and reporting capabilities
- The intern will have the opportunity to participate in and contribute to the risk management function of a complex banking organization, as well as gain exposure to various lines of business and functional groups.
- Support critical processes within the department, including building of reports and database creation
- Enhance or develop ideas for the risk Innovation workstream
- Design reports and dashboards using Power BI to report key performance and risk indicators from ERM databases
- Participate in department projects and initiatives, maintaining documentation, follow-up actions, and project plans
Who You Are
- 3.0 GPA minimum and undergraduate major in finance, economics, business, or similar, with an expected graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and time-sensitive deliverables with a high degree of quality and accuracy
- To be eligible for this position, you must be authorized to work in the U.S.