Location: Chicago (Hybrid)
Specific responsibilities include:
- Research regulatory requirements for new product categories and navigate compliance questions with 3rd party labs. Provide technical support and share design recommendations with design engineers.
- Ensure all Radio Flyer products are compliant to applicable regulations allowing them to be sold to all target retailers/countries.
- Communicate complex regulatory requirements to design engineers during the development process. Ensure new products are safe and compliant with governing regulations.
- Summarize regulatory requirements for international markets and help launch new products in to different markets.
- Increase compliance efficiency by identifying process improvements and managing the compliance testing budget.
- Participate on ASTM subcommittees to ensure Radio Flyer is aware of regulatory changes in all applicable categories.
- Guide suppliers and quality control team to audit finished goods, perform in process audits, and maintain high risk material testing.
- Support UL testing for Lithium Ion batteries, chargers, ebikes, and e-scooters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Operations or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in compliance or quality assurance function
- International travel 1-2 times per year and ability to clearly communication with international suppliers
- Ability to comprehend complicated regulatory standards and simplify for product development team
- Intermediate skill level using Microsoft Excel. Ability to manipulate and process large amounts of data