Summer Intern 2024- Information Security Analyst
Mesirow is an independent, employee-owned financial services firm founded in 1937. Headquartered in Chicago, with offices around the world, Mesirow serves clients through capabilities spanning Global Investment Management, Capital Markets and Investment Banking, and Advisory Services. We are proud that our intentional culture results in strong employee engagement, entrepreneurship and empowerment, with ongoing opportunities for volunteerism and advancement. Mesirow was recently named one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business and one of the Top 100 RIA firms by Barron’s. At Mesirow, we invest in what matters: our clients, our communities, and our culture.
We are currently seeking an intern to work in our IT department’s Information Security team. Mesirow internship positions are for savvy, adaptable students interested in learning more about Financial Services Industry with specific focus on Investment Management and Capital Markets. The internship is designed to help the students enhance their overall communication and presentation skills. The interns also learn to build consensus among different teams with conflicting priorities and to thrive in a dynamic organization. We look for students who want an opportunity to interact with all levels of management, rotate through business units and work on meaningful projects.
Our IT Internship is designed to capture the best and brightest students off college campuses in order to build bench strength in various functions in our IT department. The Intern will work closely with other developers and analysts in the information security area, and will be given the opportunity to work on projects and activities.
Successful individuals should be following an academic track preferably in Computer Science.
We have great opportunities for talented and motivated students who are interested in gaining valuable industry experience to complement their academic studies. You will have the opportunity to help with existing projects as well as unstructured time where you can innovate and use your own creativity to work on fresh ideas.
The intern will also have access to other leads and several IT associates to help mentor, motivate and encourage as the intern gains valuable insight into various functions within IT.
- Work with the CISO and the Information Security team to develop and execute security strategy that supports the enterprise
- Plan and manage cross-disciplinary projects to upgrade or implement new security technologies
- Measure and report organization’s security capabilities using automated and manual tools
- Review logs from security tools, including SIEM, IDS, CASB, Firewalls, VPN, Cloud Security, vulnerability assessment tools, antivirus, etc.
- Manage Information Security projects across broad range of IT initiatives
- Interface with other IT groups for various security tasks, projects, and initiatives
- Research, implement, and test security tools pertaining to tactical plans
- Document security procedures and standards as required to support security policies
- Perform regular security assessments and reporting functions for vulnerability management process
- Current enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Graduation in December 2023 or May 2024
- Strong Object-Oriented language fundamentals
- Considerable knowledge and experience in the use of all Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent analytical and math skills, with the ability to work in teams
- Must have advanced Excel skills including experience running macros and utilizing a variety of formulas.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Ability to interact well with various levels of personnel.
- Attention to detail.