TI&I: Technology – 2024 Summer Intern
The CIBC Summer Internship Program is designed to offer great work experience to complement students’ classroom training and career goals. Throughout the summer, interns will meet with our executive leadership team, network with employees and fellow interns, and participate in community outreach. We are devoted to finding, selecting, and training interns who will make a positive impact on our company while offering a full learning experience. Our Interns will work alongside a lean, proven team of investment professionals, gaining technical and analytical skills.
CIBC’s Summer Internship program runs for 10 weeks beginning in June 2024 through August. During this time, you will have access to training opportunities, mentorship, and leadership support.
Our leaders are invested in your success during your internship. Our goal is to ensure you have all tools necessary to take advantage of the robust opportunities at hand, resulting in a great summer experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Business Architecture team within the Technology team is looking for a person to assist with strategic engagements between technology and business areas. This person will be attending meetings and working with the Business Architecture team on specific engagements. These engagements are around strategic initiatives to further understand the technology enablement needed for business areas. Some areas that the person will be working on are:
- Meet and work on strategic deliverables while gaining knowledge around Financial Services and Technology
- Work on strategic tasks with technology and business teams
- Work on specific industry engagements – Commercial, Private Wealth, and corporate functions such as – Finance, Risk and Technology
- Learn about Business Objectives and how technology can enable them
- Use technology such as PowerBI, PowerPoint, Vision, Excel, and technology industry tools
Who You Are
- Looking to learn about both technology and financial services overall. Candidates in majors such as:
- Information Technology
- Computer Science
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- To be eligible for this position, you must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree, with an expected graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025