US Risk Technology – 2024 Summer Intern
The CIBC Summer Internship Program offers meaningful work experience to complement students’ classroom training and career goals. Throughout the summer, interns will meet with our executive leadership team, network with employees and fellow interns, and participate in community outreach. We are devoted to finding, selecting, and training interns who will make a positive impact on our company while offering a full learning experience. Our Interns will work with a team of technology professionals, gaining analytical and professional skills.
CIBC’s Summer Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in June 2024 through August. During this time, you will have access to training opportunities, mentorship, and leadership support.
Our leaders are invested in your success during your internship. Our goal is to ensure you have a great summer experience.
This position is on-site at our 70 West Madison office in Chicago, IL or at our 300 Madison Avenue office in New York, NY.
What You’ll Be Doing
- ·Develop business intelligence applications to support CIBC’s risk management function – generate ideas, design and prototype a solution, and implement it in code.
- ·Collaborate with technical and non-technical counterparts to understand requirements and build products that assist them.
- Maintain and optimize existing applications, and recommend and implement improvements.
- Write technical specifications and technical documentation; translate business requirements into functional specifications.
Who You Are
- Computer Science and/or Engineering majors are preferred, while other majors may be considered
- Experience across the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Exposure to agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Application Resiliency and Security
- Emerging knowledge of software applications and technical processes within a technical discipline (e.g., cloud, artificial intelligence, machine learning, mobile, etc.)
- In touch with industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- To be eligible for this position, you must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree, with an expected graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025