Patient Service Representative
- Communicates with patients and guests including greeting them upon arrival, confirming identity and providing necessary information related to their visit.
- Completes check-in/out functions as directed.
- Confirms and updates patient identification and demographic/insurance information.
- Completes patient registration as needed.
- Obtains patient consents/authorizations.
- Collects co-payments, past due balances and point of service payments.
- Posts payments, process billing information and perform “end of day” cash drawer closing.
- Keeps waiting area clean and comfortable.
- Informs patients of any delays or changes in appointment status.
- Schedules appointments as necessary.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Zero (0) to two (2) years experience in a customer service position.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous experience in a healthcare setting.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
Register with CareerSpring
- CareerSpring is a non-profit organization that helps first generation and Pell Grant-eligible college students realize their greatest career potential through career information, a Network of professional contacts, and job placement services. If you are not registered yet on CareerSpring, click this link and enter the Passcode CHISCHOLAR – you’ll answer a few questions and be able to start creating your personalized profile! They also have hundreds of paid summer internships and full time jobs available across the US. Many of them are fully remote. Once you’ve logged into the CareerSpring platform, click the “Jobs” tab and search by company name to view the full job posting.