Supply Chain Planner: Internship Opportunities
- Pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain/Operations Management, Supply Chain Analytics, or related field.
- Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with global materials life-cycle management (development, launch, sustaining and end of life) and start-up/shut-down process management preferred.
- Experience with enterprise resource planning, material management systems and implementations a plus.
- Ability to analyze, explain, and draw conclusions based on complex data from multiple content areas.
The base pay range for this internship is USD $4,320 – $7,710 per month. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $5,760 – $8,640 per month.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-intern-pay
- Executes on forward or reverse supply plans provided. Performs tactical elements of supply plan, including understanding the part level gaps between demand and supply. Manages programs with low complexity and/or receives direct guidance.
- Uses tools and processes for managing supply and driving improvements to avoid additional labor needs, while gaining a foundational understanding of these tools and processes.
- Conducts analysis and gathers information for “”what-if”” scenarios impacting supply and demand management for forward and reverse planning.
- Reworks/refurbishes finished goods, executing mitigation solutions for goods, and redeploys them in another area, when applicable.
- Assists with the review of staffing, capacity, bills of materials, and change orders. Tracks metrics related to operational performance of suppliers.