Corporate Security – 2024 Summer Intern
The CIBC Summer Internship Program is designed to offer great work experience to complement students’ classroom training and career goals. Throughout the summer, interns will meet with our executive leadership team, network with employees and fellow interns, and participate in community outreach. We are devoted to finding, selecting, and training interns who will make a positive impact on our company while offering a full learning experience. Our Interns will work alongside a lean, proven team of investment professionals, gaining technical and analytical skills.
CIBC’s Summer Internship program runs for 10 weeks beginning in June 2024 through August. During this time, you will have access to training opportunities, mentorship, and leadership support.
Our leaders are invested in your success during your internship. Our goal is to ensure you have all tools necessary to take advantage of the robust opportunities at hand, resulting in a great summer experience.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will work in Corporate Security, a department in the Technology, Infrastructure, and Innovation team. Corporate Security is comprised of four functional teams: Business Continuity, Internal Fraud/Insider Risk, Operational Resilience, and Physical Security. You will work side-by-side with Corporate Security functional teams to support risk management and data analytics.
- Assist in using business intelligence tools (Tableau, PowerBI) to prepare metrics and dashboards for senior management and board level reporting for the US region.
- Assist in developing python scripts or other code to support data intake and metrics automation.
- Support the different data transformation and automation efforts to improve and expand on various procedures and controls.
- Assist in different ad hoc risk or data projects.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work, and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.
- Strong willingness to learn and grow
- 3.0 GPA minimum
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- To be eligible for this position, you must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree, with an expected graduation date between December 2024 and June 2025
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products, namely excel
- Experience developing dashboards using Tableau and PowerBI is a plus
- Experience with programming languages, such as Python (pandas, numpy), SQL, or others