Sales: MBA Internship Opportunities
Intern Required Qualifications
- Currently pursuing Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree
- Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship.
- Desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling.
- Verbal and written communication, analytical, and presentation skills
- Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
The base pay range for this internship is USD $5,490 – $9,760 per month. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $7,450 – $10,650 per month.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-intern-pay
- Builds and maintains relationship with executives and business and technical decision makers at high levels of the customer’s organization to establish trust and credibility in future interactions. Continues to build reputation with customers during interactions by being customer-focused, consistently honoring commitments, explaining technical concepts relevant to the customer, and connecting the customer to Microsoft executives.
- Manages and executes plans for multiple accounts to ensure Microsoft targets and customer business needs are met. Coordinates with specific account management teams on plan execution and drives accountability to deliver on account plans. Orchestrates extended team and embraces partners to scale business. Ensures sales consumption and adoption goals on target.
- Seeks customer feedback (both formal and informal) of assigned accounts to identify and understand the drivers of satisfaction and/or dissatisfaction. Leverages internal resources to support customer needs. Orchestrates others (e.g., Technical Account Managers [TAMs]) to anticipate issues/risks on customer satisfaction, determine the root cause of problems, remove blockers, and establish recovery action plans as need to improve customers’ overall experience. Proactively establishes agreement on success measures and manages execution on success measures to prevent need for recovery plans.
- Builds and maintains knowledge of Microsoft offerings, as well as of customer business priorities and basic industry trends to positively articulate the value of Microsoft’s offerings in addressing the needs of the assigned accounts and evaluating their business. Coordinates with internal industry experts (e.g., industry solutions executives) to gather industry data of assigned accounts and improve planning.
Partner Development Management
- Leads the creation of a strategic vision rooted to the partners impact and potential across segments, and will generally serve partners that are smaller or startups. Demonstrates an expert understanding of the partners business and conveys the value of partnering with Microsoft based on the business opportunity and possible competition.
- Contributes to Business Design briefings advising partner leadership on building a high-impact Microsoft Services practice. Develops and executes forward-thinking partner business plans that develop partner business and support cloud consumption and digital transformation.
- Leverages internal resources to develop Go-to-Market (GTM) and co-selling strategies that define activities and expectations to meet Microsoft and partner sales goals. Prioritizes accounts for developing GTM strategies. Advises partner on meeting various program, sales, and tech requirements.
- Leverages and recruits new partners to grow business. Identifies opportunities to sell Microsoft products and services.