Silicon Engineering: Internship Opportunities
o Pursuing a Undergraduate or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
o Have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship.
o Research experience or coursework in computer architecture.
3 months – 1 year experience of a subset of classes or experience in the following areas:
- Digital Logic Design and Simulation
- Object Oriented Programming and Data Structures
- Embedded Systems and Firmware
- Knowledge of verification principles, testbenches, UVM
- Knowledge of C/C++ and scripting languages
- Experience with digital timing analysis, synthesis, place-n-route
- Circuit design, including VLSI design and solid-state devices
The base pay range for this internship is USD $5,090 – $10,120 per month. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $6,690 – $11,030 per month.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-intern-pay
· Contribute to and improve the hardware solutions we develop
· Uses performance instrumentation and presents results to team and architects
· Think strategically, creatively, and innovate ways to communicate and visualize user experiences.
· Implements or recommends technical solutions to common quality and design challenges, with guidance from others (including but not limited to logic design, verification, circuit design, physical design, and design for test)
· Uses standard practices to write complete design verification test cases, test benches, or automation
· Assists in writing tests for formal pre-silicon verification of subsystems within a single block; includes the use of simulation and emulation tools, as well as tests for signal integrity, to prevent bugs/failures before production