Tax Associate (CareerSpring)
Tax Associate – Chicago, IL
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
Location: Chicago, IL
What you’ll do:
As a Tax Associate, you will assist with tax compliance, including the accurate and timely preparation of federal, state and local income tax returns for ELS, a publicly-traded REIT. You will also gather information, research tax laws and correspond with taxing agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- 0-2 years experience in a tax role. If you have a focus on real estate partnerships and REITs, this is a plus.
- The ability to follow directions to accomplish goals in an effective manner.
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills.
- Intermediate excel skills with the ability to master advanced excel skills quickly.
- Working knowledge of tax software systems is a plus.
Register with CareerSpring
- CareerSpring is a non-profit organization that helps first generation and Pell Grant-eligible college students realize their greatest career potential through career information, a Network of professional contacts, and job placement services. If you are not registered yet on CareerSpring, click this link and enter the Passcode CHISCHOLAR – you’ll answer a few questions and be able to start creating your personalized profile! They also have hundreds of paid summer internships and full time jobs available across the US. Many of them are fully remote. Once you’ve logged into the CareerSpring platform, click the “Jobs” tab and search by company name to view the full job posting