Hardware Engineer: Internship Opportunities
- Pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree in computer engineering, electrical engineer, mechanical engineering, or related field.
- Must have a minimum of one semester, quarter or term of school to complete after finishing an internship
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of embedded programming and C/C++/C# concepts is preferred
The base pay range for this internship is USD $5,090 – $10,120 per month. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $6,690 – $11,030 per month.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-intern-pay
- Assists in the creation of robust, scalable, secure, and extensible designs and/or verification plans for the hardware engineering aspects of well-defined products or features.
- Reads device specification sheets and interprets common details required to design and test various hardware features. Ensures that test requirements are included in documentation and specifications for a feature or product.
- Obtains input from functional experts regarding opportunities to affect downstream execution of projects by resolving issues and executing design tradeoffs within scope.
- You will need to be results-driven with a strong attention to detail and technical problem-solving skills. You will strategically and creatively innovate ways to communicate and visualize user experiences.