Software Engineer: Intern Opportunities, CTJ
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field.
- Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship.
- One year of programming experience in an object-oriented language.
Must Have: Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role.
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have a minimum Active Top Secret (TS) clearance and be willing and eligible to up-level to TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly (FSP). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI with FSP.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 1+ year(s) experience in software engineering, network engineering, or systems administration
- 1+ year(s) experience reading and/or writing code (e.g., sample documentation, product demos).
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms.
The base pay range for this internship is USD $5,090 – $10,120 per month. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $6,690 – $11,030 per month.
Certain roles may be eligible for benefits and other compensation. Find additional benefits and pay information here: https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/us-intern-pay
- Applies engineering principles to solve complex problems through sound and creative engineering.
- Quickly learns new engineering methods and incorporates them into work processes.
- Seeks feedback and applies internal or industry best practices to improve technical solutions.
- Demonstrates skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment.