Air Force Civilian Career Training
The Air Force Civilian Service is pleased to announce the Air Force College Premier Summer Intern Program. Students in their junior year of a full-time baccalaureate program will be able to apply for a full-time paid summer internship lasting 10-12 weeks during the summer session prior to their senior year. Students in their junior year of their baccalaureate program and eligible (5 Year Program). Seniors will be able to apply for a full time internship.
(1) Currently enrolled, and in good academic standing in a full-time program, at a public or other non-profit institution of higher education; AND
(2) Making satisfactory progress toward receipt of a baccalaureate; AND
(3) Completed at least one year of the degree program.
You may be non-competitively converted to a permanent appointment within the PALACE Acquire (PAQ)/Copper Cap (COP) or a similar Program. The target grade of the conversion could be above GS-11. However, it is important to remember that eligibility for conversion does not guarantee you will be offered a permanent position.
General Schedule Salary Table for “Rest of US” (RUS) was used, salaries may vary dependent upon location selected. Please refer to the Salary Tables link for more information: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2019/general-schedule/
The Premier College Intern Program targets individuals who are seeking a dynamic career with the Air Force Civilian Service in a variety of career fields by gaining real-world experience. You will be given the opportunity to gain the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to pursue a successful career with the Air Force Civilian Service.
Please note: This is not a developmental opportunity, this position may be filled at the GS-04 or GS-05 grade level, depending on applicant qualifications and organizational requirements.
To qualify for a GS-04: Completion of 2 academic years of post high school study or an associate’s degree in a related field of study.
To qualify for a GS-05: Completion of 4 academic years of post-high school study leading to a bachelor’s degree or completion of 4 academic years of pre-professional study.
You must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited public or other non-profit college or university:
· Enrolled in an approved program
· Pursing a Baccalaureate Degree or eligible (5 Year program) Seniors
· Enrollment must be in a full-time program
· Have a good academic standing (no less than 2.95 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 grading scale)
· Meet the qualification standards of the position
· Must be at least 16 years of age
· A U.S. citizen or a national (resident of American Samoa or Swains Island)
· Must sign a Participant Agreement.
Applicants must meet requirements by the closing date of this announcement.